Monday, 3 May 2021

CBS Amplifies Right-Wing 'Cancel Culture' As 'Wedge' Issue

Our failed political press.

This is really stupid, CBS:

Cancel culture, a new wedge issue

In 1987, Al Campanis, a vice president of the Los Angeles Dodgers, appeared on ABC News’ “Nightline,” and made some deeply offensive remarks about why there weren’t more Black managers in baseball. “No, I don’t believe it’s prejudice. I truly believe that they may not have some of the, uh, necessities,” Campanis said.

Two days later, he was fired. We might say he was “canceled.”

And rightfully so. That was as racist as all-eff.

Fair Warning: Both Sides ahead!

“Sunday Morning” senior contributor Ted Koppel says “cancel culture,” as it’s called these days, is a social weapon that has served the outrage of both the left (“When you cross that kind of societal norm, you must pay the consequences”), and the right (“Don’t support Major League Baseball, whose players actually kneel for the National Anthem”).

Um, I don’t see a Both Sides there, I see the Right boycotting Baseball because the players took a stand against violence against Black people.

read more



from Latest from Crooks and Liars
via Click me for Details

No comments:

Post a Comment