
Guest post by Erica D. Smith, NC Senate candidate follows:
I’m writing to my Blue America, Down With Tyranny and Crooks & Liars friends today to tell you about an exciting new initiative that our campaign is launching.
I’ve said from the start of this campaign that we were going to go everywhere, fight for every vote, and write no one-off.
And we meant it.
Across North Carolina and across the country, we’ve lost rural voters and rural counties at an alarming and unprecedented rate. These red, and only growing redder, counties are why Trump won in 2016 and why he won here in North Carolina in 2020.
These counties, these communities, and these voters have been made to feel as though we don’t even know they exist. Or that worse, we don’t care.
While we’ve left these communities, other forces have stayed. Forces that have corrupted our politics, weakened our Democracy and divided us.
I want us to show up. I want us to tell them that we know that they’re there. We know that they’ve been hurting. That we see them, and that regardless of who they voted for before, moving forward, there is room for them in our movement.
The same broken system that’s failing us is failing them, and the only way we can fix it is by coming together.
from Latest from Crooks and Liars
via Click me for Details
No comments:
Post a Comment